Living and Culture
Halls of Residence
Students admitted to the faculties reside in or are attached to a hall of residence. The university has six halls of residence: three for male students and three for females. Halls are headed by a provost (called Hall Super) who is assisted by house tutors and assistant house tutors. The administration of a dormitory is controlled by a Hall President and his/her assistants.
Students at HSTU are involved in extra-curricular activities. The student organizations are:
- 1. Bangladesh Veterinary Students Association
- 2. ABS (Assosiation of Business Studies)
- 3. ESA (Engineering Student’s Association)
- 4. SAFF (Student’s Association Of Fisheries)
- 5. BSWF (Business Studies Welfare Fund)
- 6. CSEA (Computer Science and Engineering Association)
- 7. HSTU-OSN (OPEN SOURCE NETWORK)
- 8. Programmers Arena
- 9. EEE CLUB OF HSTU
- 10. IEEE HSTU STUDENT BRANCH
- 11. এসো গণিত শিখি(CSE Faculty)
- 12. Orko Shangskritik Jote
- 13. Senjuty Sangskritik Oikko (Senjuty on Facebook)
- 14. Rotaract club of HSTU (www.rotaracthstu.org)
- 15. Debating Society of HSTU
- 16. Bondhu Pratidin, HSTU Branch (বন্ধু প্রতিদিন, হাবিপ্রবি শাখা)
- 17. HSTU Film Club
- 18. Prothom-alo Bondhusobha
- 19. Turbo Crater (A Music Band & Music School)
- 20. DANESH BLOOD BANK-HSTU
- 21. HSTU Blade Skater
Student Counseling and Guidance:
The Students Counseling and Guidance Service helps students adjust to campus life, pursue curricular and co-curricular activities, develop their abilities for making wise choices and plans, and solve individual problems through counseling.
Sports and extracurricular activities:
The university organizes sports and other extracurricular and recreational activities. It provides intramural and extramural programmes.
Intramural and extramural programmes (games and sports):
The directorate organizes and conducts inter department and inter-hall tournaments, individual hall athletics, university athletics, and inter-university games and sports. Students participate in national championships in games and sports for which training and coaching are offered.